Pace’s new rapid transit service, Pulse, provides premium limited-stop bus service to commuters featuring enhanced amenities and a streamlined route design.
Pulse provides fast, frequent, and reliable bus service in heavily traveled corridors of Chicagoland. On August 11, 2019, Pace launched the Pulse Milwaukee Line, serving thousands of commuters between Niles and Chicago and the Pulse Dempster Line started on August 13, 2023 bringing fast, frequent service between Evanston and O'Hare Airport.
Pulse offers a variety of benefits compared to regular fixed route bus service including:
- Faster service with limited stops
- Free Wi-Fi and other amenities on Pulse-branded buses
- Modern, easy-to-find branded stations with heated shelters, pavement snowmelt system and real-time bus arrival information
- Faster boarding and improved accessibility
- Easier ADA accessibility with raised bus platforms at all stations