The following rules apply to public comment at a regular, special, or emergency virtual meeting of the Pace Board of Directors, a committee, or an advisory board (“meeting”):
- Public comment shall occur during the Public Comment portion of the meeting only.
- The total time for public comment shall be limited to 15 minutes, unless extended upon the affirmative vote of a majority of a quorum of the Board.
- An individual wishing to offer public comment shall provide his/her name and the subject matter/agenda item(s) on which he/she wishes to offer public comment on the Pace Public Comment Sign-Up Sheet prior to the start of the meeting. If more than one individual from the same organization wishes to offer public comment, please consider having one individual offer public comment on behalf of the other individuals.
- An individual who prefers not to attend in person and wishes to offer public comment to be read aloud shall provide his/her public comment, his/her name, and the agenda item(s) on which he/she wishes to offer public comment to the email address specified on the meeting’s posted Public Notice no less than 24 hours prior to the start of the meeting.
- The individual shall limit his/her public comment to items on the meeting agenda.
- The individual shall have one opportunity to offer public comment.
- The individual shall have three minutes to offer public comment.
- The individual may not give any unused portion of his/her time for public comment to another individual.
- Public comment that does not comply with these rules, is irrelevant, repetitious, duplicative, disruptive, abusive, or harassing will not be read.
- The individual may be escorted from the meeting to maintain order and decorum and/or effectively conduct business at the meeting.
- The Board shall have no obligation to answer the individual’s questions or respond to the individual’s public comment.
NOTE: All public comments read aloud at the meeting will be part of the public record of the meeting.