The following rules apply to public comment at a regular, special, or emergency virtual meeting of the Pace Board of Directors, a committee, or an advisory board (“meeting”):
- An individual wishing to offer public comment must attend the meeting in person.
- Public comment shall occur during the Public Comment portion of the meeting only.
- An individual wishing to offer public comment on an agenda item shall provide their name, the agenda item(s) on which he/she wishes to offer public comment, and the comment(s) on the Pace Public Comment Sign-Up Sheet prior to the start of the meeting. If more than one individual from the same organization wishes to offer public comment, please consider having one individual offer public comment on behalf of the other individuals.
- The individual shall limit their public comment to items on the meeting agenda.
- The individual shall have one opportunity to offer public comment.
- The individual shall have three minutes to offer public comment.
- The individual may not give any unused portion of their time for public comment to another individual.
- The individual may be stopped if their public comment becomes irrelevant, repetitious, duplicative, or disruptive.
- The individual may be escorted from the meeting to maintain order and decorum and/or effectively conduct business at the meeting.
- The total time for public comment shall be limited to 15 minutes, unless extended upon the affirmative vote of a majority of a quorum of the Board.
- The Board shall have no obligation to answer the individual’s questions or respond to the individual’s public comment.
NOTE: All public comments will be part of the public record of the meeting.