Advantage Vanpool Program
The Advantage Program helps not-for-profit human service organizations, workshops, and agencies achieve their commuter goals by making it easier to provide work-related transportation for individuals with disabilities.
What Pace offers:
- A reliable conversion van (lift-equipped available) and minivan
- Fuel and maintenance credit cards
- Loaner vans
- Roadside assistance
- Access to driver and administrative training courses
- An Operations manual and staff support to assist with program compliance
With a monthly rate of $250 per van, many agencies across Chicagoland are taking advantage of this affordable option. Plus, with prior approval from Pace, the agency may charge riders/participants an administrative fee to cover costs associated with the operation.
Participating organizations must:
- Be a not-for-profit in Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry, or Will counties in good standing with the Illinois Secretary of State
- Have a current State of Illinois Developmental Training Certification or equivalent
- Designate staff to be a Transportation Coordinator and driver(s)
- Keep Pace van(s) cleaned and secure in an off-street location
- Arrange and design the daily service such as pick-ups and drop-offs
- Provide commercial general and auto liability insurance and security deposit
- Maintain workers’ compensation and umbrella liability insurance
- Allow vehicle inspections and audits
Review the Advantage Vanpool Agreement lined below for more details.