How do your employees get to and from work? More employers are realizing the
benefits of utilizing public transportation. One component of this is Pace's
(VIP). No matter what your company size or location,
Pace's VIP can be tailored to meet the needs of your employees.
There are a number of benefits to having employees participate in vanpooling...
Employers may offer additional benefits to the program for no cost such
- reduces tardiness and keeps absenteeism down by providing a relaxing, affordable,
and reliable way for your employees to travel
- reduces the number of cars at the worksite, freeing up valuable parking spaces
- expands your labor pool by increasing access to your facility
- adds a benefit to offer your employees at no cost to you
Pace can provide all the assistance you need. We will introduce VIP to your employees,
help encourage participation, and administer the program.
- preferred parking
- guaranteeing the driver & rider deposits
- participating in the Commuter Choice Benefits Program, in which employees
pay fares with pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction
- employer saves money on FICA and unemployment tax
|§ 10-202. Liability of employer in regard
to ridesharing. (a) An employer shall not be liable for injuries
to passengers and other persons resulting from the operation or use of a passenger
car or commuter van in a ridesharing arrangement which is not owned, leased,
contracted for or driven by the employer, and for which the employer has not
paid wages to an employee for services rendered in driving the vehicle, provided,
that wages shall not include a portion of the fares collected by the driver
and shall not include expenses for gasoline or passenger car or commuter van
(b) An employer shall not be liable
for injuries to passengers and other persons because he provides information,
incentives or otherwise encourages his employees to participate in ridesharing
P.A. 76-1586, § 10-202, added by P.A. 81-1452, §
1, eff. Jan 1, 1981.
Amended by P.A. 83-1091, § 1, eff. July 1,
Formerly Ill.Rev.Stat.1991, ch. 95 §, §
|For more information on the Ridesharing Arrangements Act visit
Illinois Compiled Statutes Vehicles Illinois Vehicle Code 625 ILCS 5/.