Associate Transportation Engineer
Location: Arlington Heights
Office: Strategic Services
Under the direction of the Section Manager, Long Range Planning assists the Engineering staff in reviews and plan preparation for various improvements impacting Pace bus service throughout the Pace service area. Activities will vary and can include:
1) Reviews IDOT, ISTHA, County and Municipal roadway projects for transit accommodations, pedestrian improvements and transit supportive design recommendations during Phase I studies and Phase II design.
2) Assisting in the reviews of Site Development Plans for transit accommodations, pedestrian improvements and transit supportive design recommendations.
3) Provides contract management services to engineering staff monitoring contractor submittals, review invoices and payments.
4) Assisting the Rapid Transit engineer, managing consultant design work and construction management activities related to Pace Rapid Transit Projects.
5) Assisting in the development and reviews of concept plans for transit facility designs, Pulse station areas and related infrastructure.
6) Perform field surveys, develops plans and secures permitting for bus shelters
7) Provides engineering support of other Pace projects including ITS engineering.
8) Performs other duties related to this position as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related field with emphasis on highway design, traffic and transportation engineering. At a minimum, candidate must have an Engineer-In-Training License for the State of Illinois. Minimum 2-6 years progressively responsible experience as a Transportation Engineer or similar position. Demonstrate familiarity with IDOT policies, roadway design and plan preparation, and construction engineering. Experience with transit planning and transit facility design a plus. Must have good communication and interpersonal skills and have experience with software including AutoCAD or Microstation. Qualified candidate must have a good work history and possess a valid driver's license in order to use Pace owned vehicles for field work, attending off-property meetings or to travel to Pace Locations.